Course Name: Work In Accordance With An Issued Permit
This competency unit MSAPMPER200C aims to ensure that people working under a permit understand the system & know the limitations of the permit under which they are working and comply with all the requirements of the permit. This unit covers the basic competency of working under a permit.
Where entry to a confined space is required, then MSAPMPER205C Enter confined space is also required. It holds accreditation as an operations and support competency unit for people studying for a Certificate Il in Process Manufacturing MSA20107, Certificate lll in Process Manufacturing MSA30107, these forming competency standards MSA07 – Manufacturing Training Package
Learning Outcomes (Key Elements):
- Identify the scope of the permit.
- Prepare for permitted work.
- Work in accordance with an issued permit.
- Complete permit to work.
Upon satisfactory completion of this unit, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the need for a work permit(s) for the work to be carried out
- Identify the type of work permit required
- Check that work to be done complies with the permit type
- Check that the scope and location of work comply with the permit issued.
- Maintain safe working conditions and environment by using available isolation procedures, safety equipment and emergency procedures
- Monitor plant conditions and hazards to ensure work under the permit remains safe
- Ensure that appropriate safety equipment and clothing are selected and worn as required by the permit and relevant procedures
- Inspect work area to ensure safety and compliance with permit requirements and procedures.
- Use required hazard reduction/control measures
- Comply with requirements of the permit including standby personnel if required
- Ensure compliance with scope, location and timeframe specified in the permit or seek reauthorisation as required.
- Formally seek and receive authorised extensions to the permit when required
- Withdraw permit when work ceases for an extended period
- Obtain new permits or have existing permit revalidated before work is recommenced
- Check the work conducted against the issued permit to ensure that all the nominated work requirements have been satisfied
- Monitor general housekeeping to ensure that the site has been left in a clean and safe condition
- Communicate status of the work conducted and the results of the permit to relevant personnel
- Complete documentation as required and have permit signed off when job is completed.
Nationally Recognised Training:
These courses are part of a nationally recognised Public Safety Training Package. Information about nationally recognised training can be found through training.gov.au this organisation is the official national register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
This unit conforms to the requirements for competency under various State Work Health and Safety Legislation.