Course Name: Operate Breathing Apparatus (Full Day)
This Training Package Unit (MSAPMOHS216A) is designed to deliver information to designated staff working in any industry or workplace. It holds accreditation as an operations and support competency unit for people studying for a Certificate Il in Process Manufacturing MSA20107, Certificate lll in Process Manufacturing MSA30107, these forming competency standards MSA07 – Manufacturing Training Package
Participants must be clean shaven and should have a medical assessment to ensure fitness as per AS: 1715-2009.
National Course Code:
Operate Breathing Apparatus (MSAPMOHS216A)
MSA07 – Manufacturing Training Package
Approx 8 hours training and assessment.
Statement of Attainment (upon successful completion).
Course Information Manual.
- Inspect breathing apparatus for immediate use in accordance with procedures.
- Report/record faulty or damaged equipment in accordance with procedures. Identify, monitor and control hazards in accordance with the procedures.
- Correctly Don, Startup and Wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- Establish and maintain communication with appropriate personnel throughout the activity.
- Undertake activities as a member of a team, in accordance with procedures.
- Implement entrapment procedures in accordance with procedures.
- Maintain personal safety at all times. Close down breathing apparatus set in accordance with procedures.
- Remove breathing apparatus set in accordance with procedures.
- Undertake after use cleaning and maintenance of breathing apparatus and make equipment ready for operational use in accordance with procedures.
Practical, Written & Verbal Assessment
Nationally Recognised Training:
These courses are part of a nationally recognised Public Safety Training Package. Information about nationally recognised training can be found through training.gov.au this organisation is the official national register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
These units conform to the requirements of National and State Work Health Safety & Welfare Regulations.