This Public Safety Unit (PUAWER005B) is designed to deliver information to designated staff who are going to act as part of the Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) within any industry or workplace. It holds accreditation as an elective unit for people studying for a Certificate IV in Public Safety (Community Safety)(PUA41112). Under Emergency Response Category it is categorized as an “evacuation” skill.
Learning Outcomes (Key Elements):
- Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings.
- Initiate and control initial emergency response.
- Anticipate the further development of emergencies.
- Assist with post initial response.
Upon satisfactory completion of this unit, the participant will be able to:
- Identify and take appropriate action to emergency reports, signals and warnings.
- Assess emergency situations and possible further development and take appropriate action in accordance with workplace procedures.
- Ensure arrangements are made for people who may require assistance.
- Attend emergency situations and operate according to workplace emergency procedures.
- Identify and wear suitable identification according to workplace emergency procedure and relevant standards.
- Initiate and carry out initial emergency response according to workplace emergency procedures or authorized instruction.
- Conduct check of evacuated areas in accordance with workplace emergency procedures.
- Report results of evacuation to relevant person.
- Implement the emergency management plan based on evaluation of the current situation and possible further development.
- Ensure evacuation or alternative actions are complete before any post initial response activities are undertaken and these are under the control of the relevant person.
Nationally Recognised Training:
These courses are part of a nationally recognised Public Safety Training Package. Information about nationally recognised training can be found through training.gov.au this organisation is the official national register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
This unit conforms to the requirements for competency under various State Work Health and Safety Legislation.