This competency unit Manage First Aid in the Workplace HLTFA403B addresses the establishment and maintenance of facilities to enable or facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in workplace and with the provision of advanced first aid response, life support management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, and provision of support to other providers.
- Assess the situation
- Managing the Casualty(s)
- Coordinate first aid activities until arrival of medical assistance
- Communicate essential incident details
- Evaluate the incident
- Active First Aid Manual
- Parasol course notes
- A4 display certificate
- Plastic wallet card
Option 1: 32 hours classroom training and assessment
Option 2: Mixed Mode – 24 hours classroom training and assessment combined with completion of a workbook, online or hard copy
- Multiple choice quiz
- Progressive practical assessment
- Participants must be 16 years of age or over
- Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment
- Legislative approval valid for 3 years from the completion date
- Annual refreshers recommended to maintain current CPR skills
- Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable casual attire.
- This unit of competency is nationally recognised and is registered on the National Training Information Service website http://www.ntis.gov.au
- This competency unit Apply Advanced First Aid HLTFA403B is conducted in conjunction with Parasol EMT (Adelaide).