Course Name: Identify, Prevent and Report Workplace Emergency Situations
This Public Safety Unit (PUAWER001B) is designed to deliver information to designated staff working in any industry or workplace. It holds accreditation as an elective unit for people studying for a Certificate III in Public Safety (Community Safety) (PUA31412). Under Emergency Response Category it is categorized as a “prevention” skill.
What you get for your investment?
- Training to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Quality training utilising qualified professional trainers to ensure the latest and highest standard is delivered.
- Reference materials.
- Nationally Recognised Statements of Attainment.
- Training tailored to your business needs and requirements.
Delivery and Assessment:
Participants will be required to demonstrate competence through, verbal and practical performance assessment.
All successful participants will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment.
Learning Outcomes (Key Elements):
- Identify, monitor and report situations that could lead to workplace emergencies.
- Identify, report and correct situations that could prevent workplace emergencies from being safely handled.
Upon satisfactory completion of this unit, the participant will be able to:
- Identify situations that could lead to workplace emergencies and correctly report them.
- Conduct checks of immediate work area for any situation, which could lead to emergencies.
- Monitor hazardous work to ensure precautions and workplace procedures are followed.
- Identify relevant emergency protection systems/control equipment and understand principles of operation.
- Identify evacuation systems.
- Inspect the immediate work area to ensure workplace procedures and accepted safe work practices are being adhered to, making certain of the safe operation of emergency protection, control, and evacuation systems.
- Identify situations, which could lead to emergency protection, control, and evacuation systems becoming inoperable, and the correct reporting of these situations.
Nationally Recognised Training:
These courses are part of a nationally recognised Public Safety Training Package. Information about nationally recognised training can be found through training.gov.au this organisation is the official national register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
This unit conforms to the requirements for competency under various State Work Health and Safety Legislation.