This Public Safety Unit (PUAWER002B) is designed to deliver information to designated supervisors and staff working in any industry or workplace. It holds accreditation as an elective unit for people studying for a Diploma in Public Safety (Community Safety) (PUA 51004). Under Emergency Response Category it is categorized as a “prevention” skill.
Learning Outcomes (Key Elements):
- Ensure workplace emergency prevention processes are implemented.
- Ensure appropriate hazard analysis is undertaken and results are implemented.
- Ensure workplace emergency protection systems emergency control equipment and evacuation systems remain effective.
Upon satisfactory completion of this unit, the participant will be able to:
- Conduct emergency prevention inspections according to workplace procedures safe practices and emergency management plan.
- Identify, mitigate or correct situations that could lead to workplace emergencies and ensure they are recorded or reported in accordance with workplace procedures.
- Review processes and report according to workplace procedures.
- Ensure workplace procedures are implemented to routinely undertake emergency prevention hazard analysis in the workplace.
- Designate personnel to implement processes according to the hazard analysis.
- Ensure compliance that emergency prevention processes and procedures are being implemented.
- Ensure workplace procedures are implemented and practice to prevent interference to emergency protection, control, and evacuation equipment.
- Ensure correct reporting of problems or deficiencies with emergency protection, control, and evacuation systems or equipment.
Nationally Recognised Training:
These courses are part of a nationally recognised Public Safety Training Package. Information about nationally recognised training can be found through training.gov.au this organisation is the official national register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
This unit conforms to the requirements for competency under various State Work Health and Safety Legislation.