Course Name: Emergency Warden Training
This course combines three units under the Public Safety Package and is designed to deliver information to designated staff working in any industry or workplace to prepare and respond to a variety of workplace emergencies as outlined in Australian Standard AS3745:2010 Emergency Control Organisations and Procedures.
National Course Code
- Identify, Prevent and Report Potential Workplace Emergency Situations (PUAWER001B)
- Operate as part of an Emergency Control Organisation (PUAWER005B)
- Confine Small Workplace Emergencies (PUAWER008B)
None. (However participants should be reasonably fit and able to lift and carry fire extinguishers and other safety equipment or chemical spill kits as required
and have clear diction)
8 hours training and assessment.
Statement of Attainment (upon successful completion)
Course Information Manual, Fire Extinguisher Identification Card
- Identify, monitor and report situations that could lead to workplace emergencies.
- Identify report and correct situations that could prevent workplace emergencies from being safely handled.
- Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings.
- Initiate and control initial emergency response.
- Prepare for emergency situations.
- Identify and assess the emergency.
- Safely confine emergencies where possible.
- Use initial response equipment (including portable extinguishers).
- Report workplace emergency response.
Practical, Written & Verbal Assessment
Nationally Recognised Training
Nationally Recognised Training: These courses are part of a nationally recognised Public Safety Training Package (PUA00. Information about nationally recognised training can be found through the Training.gov.au web site. Training.gov.au is the official national register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs). www.training.gov.au/
These units conform to the requirements for competency under the Work Health and Safety Act & Regulations.