This competency unit Apply Advanced First Aid HLTFA412A describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance and provision of support to other providers.
- Assess the situation
- Managing the Casualty(s)
- Coordinate first aid activities until arrival of medical assistance
- Communicate essential incident details
- Evaluate the incident
- Active First Aid Manual
- CPR resuscitation mask key ring
- A4 display certificate
- Plastic wallet card
- Option 1: 24 hours classroom training and assessment
- Option 2: Mixed Mode – 16 hours classroom training and assessment combined with completion of a workbook, online or hard copy
- Multiple choice quiz
- Progressive practical assessment
- Participants must be 14 years of age or over
- Apply first aid HLTFA311A (Senior first aid)
- Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment
- Legislative approval valid for 3 years from the completion date
- Annual refreshers recommended to maintain current CPR skills
What can I do next?
- HLTFA403C Manage First Aid in the Workplace
- Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable casual attire.
- This unit of competency is nationally recognised and is registered on the National Training Information Service website http://www.ntis.gov.au
- This competency unit Apply Advanced First Aid HLTFA402C is conducted in conjunction with Parasol EMT (Adelaide).